Windows Driver/DLL

Rob Kendrick rjek at simtec.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 17:03:39 BST 2011

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 12:26:42AM -0400, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm interested in using EntropyKey on Windows platforms. From past
> threads [1] and the website [2], it appears Simtec has some pieces
> available (but probably won't advance due to being a Unix shop [1]).

We'd love to advance them further; just as soon as we have the time to
sink into doing it properly :)

> Would Simtec please provide the available Windows material (C/C++
> source code is preferred). I don't object to an NDA.

The prototype driver we have at the moment is very very crusty; it
doesn't support any of the Entropy Key's security features (end-to-end
encrypted entropy, authentication of device, etc) and essentially just
runs the device in a dumb mode and parses the input, which it then
exposes through a somewhat adhoc API thrown together as a proof of
concept.

If you're really sure you want this, I can drop it to you in an email;
no NDA will be needed.  However, depending on your comfort and
experience of such things, you may find it easier to follow the protocol
documentation that is included in the sources for our UNIX drivers to
embed the functionality directly into your application in the mean time.

Again, if anybody wants to help improve these drivers (or port the
fully-featured UNIX ones to Windows) we'll provide whatever support we
can.
--
Rob Kendrick, Support Team Lead                      Simtec Electronics
Telephone: +44 (0)1772 978013                  Avondale Drive, Tarleton
http://www.simtec.co.uk/                       mailto:rjek at simtec.co.uk