some testing on my Entropy key

Rob Kendrick rjek at simtec.co.uk
Sun Dec 19 14:13:28 GMT 2010

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 02:21:29PM +0100, Guillaume Romagny wrote:

> I am part of CAcert.org and I am doing some testing on the entropy key.
>
> you can have a look there (look for ekey or entropy key)
> http://www.cacert.at/cgi-bin/rngresults
>
> The tests are based on diehard.
>
> The website is maintained by Philipp G. (pg @ futureware . at)
>
> The background of the story is we are looking for a simple fast enough
> and reliable generator the day we have to renew the CAcert.org root
> certificates.

Fun!  Thanks for the link.  It's nice to see somewhere that actually
catalogues this stuff, so it's not just the vendor's say so for its
quality.  It's also nice to see that for all the hardware generators I
could spot on that list, the Entropy Key has the heighest shanons of
entropy per byte :)

Couple of points though: the data seems to be full of lots of...
detritus.  (such as broken links, old stuff with no description, etc).

Also; you list multiple prices for the Entropy Key!

--
Rob Kendrick, Support Team Lead                      Simtec Electronics
Telephone: +44 (0)1772 978013                  Avondale Drive, Tarleton
http://www.simtec.co.uk/                       mailto:rjek at simtec.co.uk