USB 1.1 vs. 2.0?

Rob Kendrick rjek at simtec.co.uk
Tue Mar 22 22:25:26 GMT 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 06:16:45PM -0400, Steve Snyder wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have both v1.1 and v2.0 USB ports on my computer. Is there any
> reason to use the faster v2.0 port with the Entropy Key?
>
> Put another way, given the low data rate of the Entropy Key, will I
> pay any cost in functionality by using in in the slower v1.1 port?

No.  Additionally, the Entropy Key only supports Full Speed mode (ie,
1.1 maximum speeds) connection anyway.  There is no advantage in putting
it in a 2.0 port when you have spare 1.1 ones available.

--
Rob Kendrick, Support Team Lead                      Simtec Electronics
Telephone: +44 (0)1772 978013                  Avondale Drive, Tarleton
http://www.simtec.co.uk/                       mailto:rjek at simtec.co.uk