Entropy Key on Centos 6.2 & EGD

Jan-Piet Mens jpmens at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 16:00:32 BST 2012

Hello,

I'm moving my Entropy Key from Ubuntu to a Centos 6.2 box
(2.6.32-220.13.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP)

I note that configuring SetOutputToKernel(7) works fine, at least I can
`watch -n 0.25 cat /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail' and the level
of entropy stays up at around 3900.

If I replace the config by `EGDTCPSocket(8888, "0.0.0.0" )', the ekeyd
daemon starts up, but a subsequent start of `egd-linux -H 127.0.0.1 -p
8888' has no effect at all on the amount of entropy available, neither
on the same host nor on a different host. It's as though ekeyd isn't
providing entropy to the EGD socket.

I'm using the Centos 6.0 RPMs provided by entropykey.co.uk, and a
rebuild of the SRPM on Centos 6.2 appears to have no effect.

What am I doing wrong?

        -JP