Issue After Reboot

Paul Hartman paul.hartman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 21:36:33 GMT 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM, Gang Gong Moy <gmoy8888 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I received the entropy key recently and I've been generally impressed by it.
> One minor question that has come up is whether the USB driver fails to
> detect and connect to the device after a reboot.
>
> I'm using Centos 5.4. If I perform a reboot with the device attached to the
> computer, then it doesn't seem to work properly. The 'ekeydctl list' command
> shows nothing running after the reboot and "entropy_avail" is low. On the
> other hand, if I plug in the device after the boot up completes, everything
> works normally.

FWIW I'm using Gentoo Linux and it works fine for me after rebooting.
The Gentoo ekeyd package has some patches, especially to the udev
rules and scripts, maybe you will find something in it that is useful
to solve your problem. (note they have patched it to use
/dev/entropykey/ instead of /var/run/entropykey/)

I'm using linux kernel 3.1.7, ekeyd 1.1.4, udev 171.

Here's the patch:

http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/app-crypt/ekeyd/files/ekeyd-1.1.4-gentoo.patch