Entropy Key, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Joshua Newton newton.joshua.x at gmail.com
Wed May 9 02:14:32 BST 2012

Has anyone been able to get their Entropy Key working with Ubuntu 12.04
LTS? I had it working perfectly with a Gentoo Linux i386 machine, and
now that I've gone and moved to an amd64 Ubuntu Server install, I can't
get it to work. At all. I can't even run ekey-setkey successfully, and
reusing the old session key (tarred up the /etc/ekeyd dir and moved it
wholesale) is not working, either.

I've done all the simple things I could think of to reuse the original
config or create a new one. The only thing that actually works is moving
the EK back to the Gentoo Linux machine, which I'm very anxious to get
rid of.

I see the cdc_acm module doesn't accept any parameters I can fiddle
with, and there's nothing like upgradable firmware for the EK that I can
find, so I'm hoping someone out there has already hashed this out with a
newer Linux distro. Or that someone out there has a working email
address for Simtec folk--I don't, and they don't respond to their
official addresses...