Actual throughput vs reported

Joshua Newton newton.joshua.x at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 00:31:53 BST 2012

On 2012-10-02 00:30, Aaron Toponce wrote:

> The previous results are on my Raspberry Pi, connected via a USB Octopus.

Ah. I haven't looked into them, because I don't intend to get a Pi, but
I've heard reports that the USB driver, or stack, or perhaps controller,
is flaky on the Pi. (Pun intended.) I would not expect to get a lot of
bandwidth out of it, esp. with a large number of devices connected.

>> * Have you adjusted kernel.random.poolsize,
>
> It's not writable.

My mistake. I should have remembered that.

>      $ cat /proc/sys/kernel/random/write_wakeup_threshold
>      1024

I could have sworn there was documentation for this, but I can't find it.