Does the ekeyd daemon start the ekey-ulusbd daemon?

Paul Martin pm at simtec.co.uk
Tue Sep 18 00:07:38 BST 2012

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 01:53:03PM -0700, Garey Mills wrote:
>     One more question. After the ekey-lusbd is killed, does anything
> need to be done to ekeyd to make it aware of the new situation; i.e.
> do I need to/can I HUP it, or do I need to restart it? The man page
> doesn't say.

You may need to cause udev to reload its configuration, and restart
the ekeyd process, having removed any references to the userland
daemon from its configuration (if you've made any).

Unplug and re-plug the entropy key, and udev should automatically:

 * Set up the device nodes/links correctly.
 * Inform ekeyd about them.

--
Paul Martin <pm at simtec.co.uk>
Simtec Electronics         Tel: +44 1772 978010