Invalid filename char in serial number

Timothe Litt litt at ieee.org
Mon Apr 11 10:28:15 BST 2011

I'm just a user, but perhaps this will help.

I encountered this on Fedora, which doesn't automagically install the UDEV
rules under fedora because it doesn't bother to distinguish Fedora from
CentOS.

Got this response:
"Most udev-based systems replace '/' with either '_' or '.', both of which
our software can handle.  (Unfortunately, we do not control the serial
number of these devices; they are the unique IDs provided by the CPU inside
each device.)"

I manually symlinked /lib/udev/rules.d/60-UDEKEY01.rules ->
../../../usr/share/ekeyd/60-UDEKEY01.rules to get things to work.  That
doesn't help with CentOS, of course.

But I presume that if you do something like sed -e 's|/|_|g' on the serial
number, things will work for you.

Good luck.

This communication may not represent my employer's views,
if any, on the matters discussed.