Trying to contact Simtec, unsuccessfully

Rob Kendrick rjek at simtec.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 23:25:01 GMT 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 09:46:59PM +0000, Thomas, Chris wrote:
> Well, speaking from a RedHat point of view, the lua packages are just open source and the only change they have made is a different compile-time option vs. the "official" packages from RH.  As to ekeyd it seems to be pretty tightly coupled to Simtec based on a quick google, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was based on an open source project too.

Indeed; the entire driver source code is open-source under the MIT
licence, although my understanding is that Simtec still officially
support it.  Should they decide in the future otherwise, there is
extensive documentation for the protocol, and the extant software is
pretty basic in terms of its OS interface.

The LuaSocket package issue is due to a long standing bug with RH that
they do not build it with the correct options: the issue does not exist
under Debian or Ubuntu, and the latest Fedora fixes it, so it should be
fixed in a future RHEL.

B.