Actual throughput vs reported

Daniel Silverstone dsilvers at digital-scurf.org
Tue Oct 2 09:36:23 BST 2012

On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 10:30:29PM -0600, Aaron Toponce wrote:
> At this point, I'm sure it's hardware. Now just to pinpoint where:

Are you decoupling ekeyd from the pool by use of ekeyd-egd-linux?

If not then you will be suffering from overfilling the pool wasting entropy.

The EGD-Linux tool uses the thresholds so as to not waste entropy, whereas
ekeyd just dumps anything it gets into the pool when it gets it.

In brief, I think if you have more than a passing requirement for one device,
you should be using EGD mode to ensure that things are buffered and consumed
more efficiently.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 3CCE BABE 206C 3B69