Does the ekeyd daemon start the ekey-ulusbd daemon?

Paul Martin pm at simtec.co.uk
Sat Sep 15 07:37:47 BST 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 03:29:55PM -0700, Garey Mills wrote:
>     We have just installed an entropy key on a RHEL5 system and it
> is working fine. My only question is the one in the subject. We
> apparently need the ekey-ulusbd to fix problems in the native USB
> driver, and if on restart, it doesn't come up, I imagine we will be
> in trouble.

Firstly, if you have the most recent update of RHEL5, you don't need
ekey-ulusbd as the kernel has had the cdc_acm driver bug fixed.

Secondly, ekey-ulusb ought to be started automatically by udev when
you plug in the USB device.

--
Paul Martin <pm at simtec.co.uk>
Simtec Electronics         Tel: +44 1772 978010