Issue After Reboot

Thomas, Chris CThomas at medplus.com
Thu Jan 5 21:02:32 GMT 2012

It's because the udev rules don't work in RHEL/CentOS which are supposed to create a symlink in /dev/entropykey that the default ekeyd config is looking for.  One way around it if you are only going to use one key in the system is to change /etc/entropykey/ekeyd.conf to have a line "AddKey /dev/ttyACM0" rather than the default one of "AddKeys /dev/entropykey".  (Make sure to put the device path in quotes.)  This avoids the whole issue of udev not creating the link on boot.  Maybe one of these days I'll fix the udev rules.

Chris Thomas
MedPlus, A Quest Diagnostics Company | Senior Unix Administrator | 4690 Parkway Drive | Mason, OH 45040 USA | phone +1.513.204.2711 | cthomas at medplus.com<mailto:CThomas at medplus.com> | www.medplus.com<http://www.MedPlus.com/>